Friday, October 26, 2007

Hogg Prayers

Hogg Prayers??? That's right..... Dawson is my oldest son, he is 5. I grew up watching (loving) The Dukes of Hazard.... OK, maybe it had a little something to do with Daisy...... But I loved the show! (There is a replica of the General Lee on the streets in Granite City - Very Cool!) One of the characters was named Boss Hogg. When Dawson was born, the nicknames came easily... and they just seemed to spin off of the Boss Hogg character...... We started with Daws Hogg, then Hoggalicious, then simply The Hogg. (My mother-in-law found NO HUMOR in this!) We even have custom T-shirts with some of these nicknames..... ANYWAY! We have always prayed at night with our kids, but lately Dawson and I have been kickin' it up a notch. We've been talking about how a prayer works... 1) We admit that it's kinda tough to pray to someone we can't see or hear, but we believe the Bible so we know God is real and He loves us. 2) We start by telling God we are crazy about Him (a phrase we use in our family to express love). 3)We thank God for some stuff. (We mix it up each night) 4) We ask God for stuff. (Protection, healing, etc... Juan Encarnacion is one of the St Louis Cardinals players, and he was hit in the eye with a ball and it broke the eye socket bones... Dawson prays for him every night.) 5)We say "Sorry" for saying and doing stuff that was wrong. 6) We wrap up by reminding God that we are crazy about Him.







It has been time well spent and I'm totally in love with my wife and kids. Dawson has been making my heart smile.... a lot!

No comments: