Wednesday, September 03, 2008

No Socks

That's right... no need to wear socks this Sunday at LifePoint. We are finishing the FANATIC series... and we are going to use some HIGH ENERGY music to move toward God.... and possibly blow socks off. :-) There is a band named DecembeRadio.... and they have a song titled Live and Breathe. Check out this chorus:

I live and breathe for you
there's nothing I wouldn't do
I live to worship you
I'd walk a thousand miles
oh just to see you smile
I live to worship I live to worship you


I think about all the things that I give my energy to... what do I worship? Is it my career... no. Is it my family.... close. Is it my motorcycle... nope. Is it LifePoint.... nah.

Bob made 2 statements Sunday about worship:
  1. Worship is what we value greatly and how that decision affects our lives.
  2. Worship is responding to who God is and what He has done.

So the question is what do I (you) value greatly and how am I (are you) responding to God. There's nothing wrong with having important things in life. Our responsibility is to make sure they do not become more important than God. See Exodus 20:3.

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God and People with every word and every action.

No comments: