Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm Crazy About You Jesus

One of the coolest things I've had the privilege doing is teaching my kids God Stuff. My boys are 6 and 5, and when we pray together we always make sure we thank Jesus for stuff, ask Him for stuff, and ask forgiveness for stuff we did wrong. The prayer from all 3 of the James guys starts with this phrase: Jesus, I'm crazy about You. The boys thank Jesus for stuff like toys, warm PJs, trees, Batman..... the list goes on. They ask Jesus for stuff like helping Juan Encarnacion be able to see so he can play baseball again (google it), help Grandpa and Grandma get better, help us be able to roller skate better so we don't fall.... Some of this stuff may not seem all that "spiritual" to you, but my boys are engaging God in a very real and personal way. They are on their JOURNEY.

So, today's blog is just a simple prayer:
Jesus, You are incredible! Thanks for putting such wonderful people in my path. You continue to make provision for us. Thanks for continuing to wrap Your arms around me and tell me You love me..... even when I smack You in the face. Today I had an opportunity to shine Your light.... and I walked away. Forgive me for being lazy and putting my petty wants above Your purpose for me. I've got several hours left today - help me love You and love people. I'm going to open my eyes and follow the spotlight You are shining down the path You have for me. Love You - Talk to You later.

Side note - The Meyer lifegroup did manage to beat the James lifegroup in volleyball Sunday night. (I'll keep my thoughts about their team stacking strategies to myself... :-) ((Actually it was a lot of fun - Steve and I tried an intimidation technique that failed miserably - we dressed up like women.... UGLY women.))

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God and People with every word and every action.

No comments: