Thursday, December 04, 2008

Is that a STICK in your nose?

Wow... I just noticed that it has been a month since I last blogged.... I'm a SLACKER! OK - on to recent events. The stick thing? Close your eyes and follow along..... I was taking care of a lawn client a few days ago... I have one of those shredder/vacs that mulches leaves into an attached bag. I was bending down and lunging under some branches on a small tree when one of the branches got caught in my hearing protection headset. When I moved, the pencil sized stick jammed up my nose. As my reflex jerked my face away from the tree, the stick broke off.... IN MY NOSE. I had about 3 inches of stick hanging out of my nose..... OUCH! Uhhhh... no spiritual lesson here.... Sorry. (Yes, this is the 2nd blog in a row dealing with nose stuff...)

Next item - My LOVELY wife who I am totally in love with..... happenedtodriveourminivanofftheroadandcausemuchdamage. Since our minivan was suffering, we sent it to Mexico to be enjoyed by another family (we sold it at an auction.) In our search for another mini van, we entertained the idea of an SUV instead. We went to a local dealer to look at a used van, and noticed a Ford Expedition sitting there. I found one of these SUVs on line that was for sale by owner in St Peters, MO (about an hour away from our house.) I had the bright idea to have my LOVELY wife who I am totally in love with TEST DRIVE the much newer and more expensive Expedition. Here's a quiz: Can anyone guess what is in my garage?

Next - cold weather sucks - enough said!

Next - Trixie is painting some VERY COOL waves on the walls in my boys' bedroom... it is going to be a beach theme...... Sweet!

Next - (serious moment) I am an unbelievably blessed man. My LOVELY wife who I am totally in love with is actually my best friend... and I fall for her a bit more every day. My 4 kids are very tight, a ton of fun, very smart, athletically gifted, and generally a delight to be with! I have a good job (not my favorite, but very comfortable). And last but not least, I get to partner with some incredible people at Lifepoint to help people in our communities want to pursue a relationship with God; Bob, John, Greg, Jeff, Kyle, Dan, Brandon, Chad, Lisa, Martha, Tammie, Nikki, Diane, David, Mike, Aaron, Josh, Alana, Steve, Kraig, Sam, and many others.... You all ROCK!

For those of you who pray.... the families of Lifepoint are being really hammered by a bunch of Satan stuff... Please remember us all in prayer. Also, The steel plant in Granite City is scheduled to temporarily close impacting about 3000 employees... several of these people call Lifepoint home. Pray for God's guidance and mercy.

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God and people with every word and every action!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I think the stick in the nose story is much better in person. I can't wait to see the new car :) I know Vange loves it and loves you even more for buying it for her.

emily and kyle said...

Your wife earned double hot points by getting the Expedition over the minivan!!!

I'm disappointed for no spiritual relevance in the stick story.