Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flock You

I'm pretty sure I'll never grow up. (Those of you who know me are agreeing...) I used to love to TP my friends when I was younger (last year...) Vange and I have taken our girls TPing and "taught" them how to do it right.... Fast forward a bit... here we are today with a chance to relive some of our practical joke days.... Driven Student Ministries is doing a fundraiser that involves putting a flock of pink flamingos in someone's yard and removing them for a donation.... they'll even FLOCK someone of your choice for a bigger donation.... You can even "buy" insurance to make sure you don't get flocked again (insert Won't Get Fooled (Flocked) Again from The Who here).



The funny thing is that the kids are supposed to be doing this thing... and the parents of the younger ones just provide a taxi service..... BUT (there's always a big but) what I'm finding is that the "adults" (let's use that term loosely shall we...) are having more fun than the kids..... When all this is done, the money raised will help our kids get to BigStuf camp and experience God in an amazing way.

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God and people with every word and every action!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case you want to play Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, NHL2K or Fight Night gamez on your Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 online for prize - we call for QA testers now. Become our fan on Facebook until March 31 and win $2,000 in cash: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=298821430083&_fb_noscript=1

Brooke said...

I am sure you have had a blast "flocking" yards. I must say Em & Kyle's looked the best!