Friday, July 25, 2008

Good People

Think about all the people you connect with every week. I'm sure some of them may make you snarl.... others may make you smile..... others may generate very little reaction. Be careful.... our whole purpose is to love God and love people! (It seems I've seen that printed somewhere else......)

I was thinking about people in my life and several of them make me smile. There is a guy named Brandon who is a worship leader at LifePoint church. I'm finding that Brandon is a guy who thinks thoroughly through everything he does and is willing to do whatever it takes (sometimes on very short notice) to help people connect with God. There is a lady named Kate. She is my boss at AT&T. Kate is a great leader and takes very appropriate control of situations and projects. She is very positive in her daily approach to business. Bob is a guy who appreciates a good scooter. He also happens to drive LifePoint Church and is a catalyst for helping people step toward God. There is a guy named Lee. He is my dad and has taught me so much about life. Phyllis is my mom. She did anything she needed to to keep me in line.... including whoopin' me with whatever happened to be handy (tennis rackets, sweeper handles, etc....) Dan is a guy I trust to give me spiritual guidance and general life advice. He is also fun to hang out with at Applebee's. I do have to teach him a few things about mowing grass though.... :-) Rick is a guy who made some contacts that enabled me to get my job with AT&T. Sam and Jodi are friends and neighbors that are great people in general and help shuttle my kids to school and swimming. Vange is my sweetheart. She is my soul mate. She is the balance for me in life. A man named Jesus became God wrapped in a normal human body and came to this Earth to teach me about life to the fullest. He gave it ALL for me.

CONNECT with people - it is the legacy you will leave.

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God and People with every word and every action.

No comments: