Friday, January 18, 2008

Hold Your Breath

OK - try this little experiment. Hold your breath as long as you can.... go ahead, I'll wait. Did anyone pass out? No? Maybe you aren't trying hard enough.... just kidding. Did you notice your body's sense of urgency for you to breathe? Air is critical for life. Yep, you can make it for a short time without air, but eventually you pass out, or even worse.... DIE. There is a song we sing at LifePoint called The Air I Breathe. Several artists have recorded it... Rebecca St James has my favorite version. The song metaphorically refers to Jesus as the air that we breathe. It goes on to state that "I'm desperate for You.... I'm lost without You."

What would happen if we treated our relationship with God / Jesus as that critical? To be honest, I'm just another screwed up guy... but I'm becoming more and more intentional about my journey with my savior; about every action I take and everything I say. I've had to be very real with Jesus the last few days.... The prayers have went something like this: "Jesus, today I'll have the opportunity to make you smile by what I do. I'll also have the chance to screw up by @&*$%#((&$%^! Please help me make wise decisions today that keep me far from making sinful choices. Thanks. Talk to You later.)

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

1 comment:

bh said...

you need a disclaimer in case someone takes your challenge too seriously...