Thursday, January 31, 2008

Somethin' to shoot for

Most people have that person, group, or team that they want to be like. While my truest goal is to be exactly what God wants me to be, I do have people that provide a pattern for me.... One of those areas is leading worship. There are many great worship leaders... and I think they are great for different reasons. There are guys who rock, but still focus heavily on who God is.... Jeff Deyo is great at this. There are people who are very artistic and expressive.... guys like David Crowder. There are those who are great at following the sweet spirit of God and helping people follow that leading... girls like Darlene Zschech. There are bands that bring incredible energy to the art of worship... bands like Fusebox and Kutless. There are the top notch musicians bringing praise to God through their instruments... guys like Lincoln Brewster. The house band at 722 is another favorite for just all-around connection of people to God. I was watching a Hillsong United DVD tonight and thought "Man, if there is anybody who does the worship experience with excellence, it is this team!" Joel Houston and Marty Sampson are gifted and annointed leaders..... These guys give me something to shoot for.



Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

No comments: