Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Shout Your Fame

At LifePoint church, I've heard the lead pastor, Bob Robbins, use a phrase multiple times.... The phrase is some variation of "LifePoint exists to make the name of Jesus great." That is why we do what we do.... so people will connect with Jesus. It's an interesting concept to put FAITH in someone we cannot physically see or hear or touch. When I pray at night with my boys (4 and 5 years old) that is one of the things we say.... "Jesus, I'm crazy about You, even though I can't see you, I believe You're real because I believe the stories about You in the Bible."

If you only get one thing from this blog, let this be it..... I can't see the wind, but I see the EVIDENCE that the wind is real in the blowing trees, the dust tornadoes, long hair being blown.... I see the EVIDENCE of Jesus in changing hearts, broken bodies repaired, strained relationships made beautiful again, and people giving of themselves at an level that is beyond the norm.....

This weekend, we are launching a new worship song at LifePoint called "Shout Your Fame." One of the lines is very appropriate as we approach Easter: "Some say You are in the grave, but I say You're alive!" Another part is a proclamation of how we try to live "...as I live a life that shouts Your fame..." I'm PUMPED!

Live loud, live intentionally and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, the evidence is undeniable! I downloaded the song on my iPod, love it!