Saturday, November 24, 2007

King

In a couple of weeks, at LifePoint we are going to be talking about Jesus as King. It's late (about 1 am) and I just finished charting 2 songs for the LifePoint worship team that follow this idea. The songs are King Of Glory by Third Day and Sing To The King by Passion.

What I've noticed lately is that hell is breaking loose all around... and I'm a bit P.O. d... Somehow I'm reminded of a song that Brandon has been leading the LifePoint family in... Blessed Be Your Name..... The idea that when things are great and when things suck, we are to bless God. What in the world does that mean? Since I'm not that smart, I asked Webster's what bless means.

Bless - verb
  • to make holy
  • to ask divine favor for
  • to endow (with)
  • to make happy
  • to praise
  • to make the sign of the cross over
Guess which one of these caught my attention..... To Praise (OK... to make happy also stirred me) I also asked Webster's about king....

king - noun
  • a male ruler of a state
  • a man who is supreme in some field
  • something supreme in its field
So here is the bottom line.... this morning, right now, I am intentionally steering my beliefs, thoughts, and actions to praise the God who is supreme among Gods. Yep, the world is screwed up and I may not be able to FIX it.... but.... if I am playing the role God has asked of me in His story, I CAN make a positive impact. There is a King who gave EVERYTHING for us... what are we going to do with that?

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / family / and friends with every word and every action!

No comments: