Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lessons Learned

Sometimes things happen in life that that just get filed under the "lesson learned" category. I was leaving church Sunday on my motorcycle and was just about to pull out onto the main road. The bike started choking and eventually died. I was scratching my head (figuratively) trying to figure out why the bike would not start again.... Then it hit me... the "AHAAA" moment. I had failed to turn the fuel back on. I didn't even think about it. I was just going on with my busy day and I guess I got sidetracked.

The lesson learned for me went beyond the physical reminder to turn my fuel on... In life, we have a "fuel" source.... God. We can get so busy that we forget (or choose) not to connect with Him. When this happens, we will simply be lacking the power we need to live big. Oh we can still do a little without the power source.... I guess I could have sat on the bike and powered it FLINTSTONE style.... No thanks - I turned the fuel on!

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and friends with every word and action.

No comments: