Thursday, December 27, 2007

Do you KNOW your mate?

We tend to focus on our own needs and desires. Becoming a great spouse comes easily when our goal is to be more like Christ. Keep in mind that you and your spouse (or partner) may SEE the world differently. So, take time to LEARN what his/her needs and desires are. Try this little test.

So how well do you know your partner? How many of the following do you know?
  • I can name my partner's best friends.
  • I know what stresses my partner currently faces.
  • I know some of my partner's life dreams.
  • I am very familiar with my partner's religious beliefs.
  • I can list the relatives my partner likes least.
  • I know my partner's favorite music.
  • I know what my partner would do if he/she won the lottery.
  • I know a stressful thing that happened to my partner in childhood.
  • I ask my partner how things are going.
  • I feel my partner knows me well.

If you answered yes to several, you're on the right track. If not, take time to learn more about what makes your spouse/partner "tick."

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

No comments: