Monday, December 03, 2007

Win-Win Solution

It's amazing, but I was reading some more of the Gary Smalley Book "I Promise You Forever" and found this topic very interesting. Here is the exerpt:

I promise to work with you for a win-win solution to our differences.
I want to do a lot of things, but I can't do them all because I married someone who has beliefs, needs, and feelings of her own. We love each other and don't want to trample on each other.

So, we operate by this rule: When we disagree, we don't move forward until both of us feel good about the solution.

1. We communicate honestly and without judgement. We don't try to change or pressure each other. We listen for the heart beneath the words.

2. We place on the table ideas and alternatives, discussing their pros and cons and testing each for acceptability to the other person.

3. We find solutions that both of us like.

James 1:19 says if we are quick to listen, we will be slow to anger. Being quick to listen means listening until we understand. Understanding tends to displace anger.


I'm betting our relationships will strengthen when we follow Biblical principles like this....

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

No comments: