Monday, December 17, 2007

Memories


What are your fondest Christmas-time memories? Growing up my family never took trips to relatives homes or anything like that. We celebrated Christmas with gift exchange either Christmas Eve evening or Christmas morning. There was my mom and dad, my 2 sisters, my brother, and me. My mom was great at playing Santa. There were about 3 or 4 years that I remember getting a guitar for Christmas. One year, my mom, I mean Santa, took 4 huge clothes dryer boxes and cut the top off. She wrapped the outside of the box and filled it with incredible gifts.


Fast forward....... Now I have 4 children of my own. The satisfaction of the Christmas celebration is no longer the RECEIVING of gifts (although let's not get crazy... everyone loves to get presents) but the real joy is GIVING and seeing my kids' (and wife's) face light up with excitement.


I think I get the idea of how God must have felt when He gave us Jesus as a gift..... (Granted, God knew what Jesus would later endure to purchase our souls....) Vange and I are doing our best to balance the true celebration of Jesus and the just-for-fun, Santa Claus side of this season. We are spending TIME (quality time) with our kids and building memories for them to blog about later.


Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

No comments: