Monday, May 19, 2008

Talkin' Trash

Last night, the Lifepoint family had our first picnic. Since we run 3 identical services every Sunday, it's hard for people to meet others and build relationships. The picnic was sweet! There was ALL kinds of food..... pork steaks, brats, burgers, hot dogs, and every side dish and dessert you can imagine. There were a bunch of games going on too. There was a kickball game, some washers, bocca ball???, a soccer goal for the little ones, a playground, a monster hill that the kids rolled down, basketball hoops, and my personal favorite..... volleyball. (I'm sure Bob will post some pics on his blog...)

We had a little "30 and over" versus "the young punks" volleyball game. I was not sure how the game would turn out, but (in faith) I started the trash talkin'. I am (unfortunately) in the 30 and over group. Every time one of the "punks" missed a ball or hit it out, I promptly shouted out "You are our best player!" Side note: I'm not really sure if Jesus trash talked when he played games..... I may need to ask for forgiveness..... Of course, the 30 + group whooped the punks... twice.

If you don't live near Glen Carbon, IL or if you're not part of the Lifepoint family, all I can say is I'm sorry... you are missing out. We are a bunch of ordinary people who are collectively connected to the extraordinary God! I look forward to many meaningful long-term relationships with a bunch of Lifepointers....

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm sorry I missed out on the picnic :( Sounds like y'all had a great time though!