Monday, June 30, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Life is so busy and hectic that it hard sometimes to slow down and enjoy some simple things. This weekend was not necessarily slow, but it was very enjoyable. Friday night was guys night... I took my boys, Dawson and Griffin, to the pool and just had some fun.... of course we had soft pretzels and slushees. Saturday night some friends and I went to see Rush in concert.... wow - the boys can still rock! Sunday night our Lifegroup (a small group of LifePoint people who get together every week) hung out at Jeff and Jaime's house. Not only did we have some great conversation, but the kids all had fun in the pool.... Greg brought the "instigator" toys (squirt guns)... so the kids opened fire on us..... What a beautiful gift from God to have such wonderful friends and an incredible family!


James 1:17
Every good action and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon, and stars, who does not change like their shifting shadows.

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God and people with every word and every action.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the Rush show too. Maybe you saw me. I was the sober guy standing perfectly still because I couldn't figure out how to dance in 7/8.