Friday, March 27, 2009

Hands To Heaven


With our hands to Heaven we worship You

And when we do, may it be in spirit and in truth


The image of raised hands brings 3 thoughts to my mind:

1) A posture of surrender (giving control to someone in power)

2) A desire to be held or rescued (like a child lifting hands to his/her parent)

3) Celebration

This weekend, we are using a song that simply talks about raising our hands to God. Whatever we do, make sure it is an honest means to step closer to God. Check out these few Bible verses:


1 Timothy 2:8 - I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.

Psalms 28:2 - Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.

Psalms 63:4 - I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.

Psalms 77:2 - When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted.

Psalms 141:2 - May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God and people with every word and every action.

No comments: