Thursday, April 03, 2008

Memories

Those who know me well have noticed that my MEMORY sucks. However, my MEMORIES are wonderful. For some reason, today I was thinking about my childhood. One of the greatest memories I will ever have was a special present from my Grandma and Grandpa James. My older brother had bought a motorcycle and we had a summer trailer in Carlinville, IL on a campground. There was PLENTY of space, including BIG trails, to ride a motorcycle. I was always craving a ride, and Greg gave me my fair share of rides. But there was still a lot of time just sitting, waiting, and I could hear the winding sound of that Honda XR 75 for what seamed like miles.


One day, back in Granite City, during the week, I had a baseball game. I was 10 years old (maybe 11 by this point). When I got home, my dad told me to stay in the front yard. A minute later, he rolled out this Honda 50.
Dude, I freaked out! My grandparents saw how much I enjoyed riding and bought me my very own motorcycle. This bike was a 3 speed with an automatic clutch. It was bright yellow. What made my bike super cool was that it had LIGHTS! The ironic thing is that my parents and my wife all hate motorcycles now (I have a Kawasaki Vulcan 750). But I will never forget that feeling when my dad rolled out that bike and and gave it to me!!


Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure sounds like a good memory!

emily and kyle said...

Quit trying to tie your bike now to some special childhood memory so Vange will feel bad and want you to keep it. You aren't fooling anyone...I see that underlying message here.