Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lent - Who's idea was this?

I'm already getting crabby.... Coca-Cola is going to wonder why their sales are down! I'm giving up soda for Lent (a couple of guys I work with think it's wrong to disclose what you are giving up for Lent based on Matthew 6:16-18... but I'm just being real...). I was Challenged by a blog from Bob Robbins (LifePoint Lead Pastor) to create opportunities to be reminded of Christ's sacrifice for us. On a daily (almost hourly) basis, I will have the chance to focus on Jesus because of soda denial. Isn't that the goal? For me it is. We are singing a worship song this weekend at LifePoint called From The Inside Out (Hillsong United). Here are a few of the lyrics that hit home for me.... deeply:

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in brining You praise.....

In my heart in my soul I give You control
Consume me from the inside out, Lord....

.... And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out

What can you DO to intentionally tighten your relationship with Jesus?

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I talked to Emily tonight and she said she has given up caffeine for Lent, and now I read that you have. I was thinking about coming next weekend (still pending...gotta find out if I have to work a track meet or not), but I am not sure I really want to be around you people who haven't had caffeine....cause I am definitely not giving up my Dr. Peppers anytime soon!