Friday, February 15, 2008

Volleyball - Engage

I got to catch the last part of my girls' volleyball game yesterday. The girls' team was victorious, winning 2 of the 3 games. Then we all went to Fazoli's to eat. Our whole family went, along with some close friends. The game itself was very cool, some long volleys, some great skill. Fazoli's is always a winner too. But the thing that was so cool was that I learned some stuff:
  • Dawson (my 5 year old son) is nearly uncontrollable when he has been eating sugar all day
  • Haley has a great serve.... now that she steps forward on the correct foot
  • Sam earned some bragging rights by scoring on his son, Ian, in indoor soccer
  • Emily walked a tightrope.... several girls in her youth group play for Coolidge. She teaches at Alton... the game was Coolidge vs. Alton AT ALTON
  • Kyle, myself, Dawson, and Griffin were burning up!! Alton is not afraid of the furnace!
  • My wife, Vange, is as beautiful as ever!
  • Ashli will be a GREAT mother some day.... like when she is 30!
  • Nikki and Baylin want to be tied in to a Lifegroup at LifePoint.
  • Cheri, my niece, heads back to Belgium today to reunite with her husband.
  • Becky, my sister-in-law is directionally challenged (so am I).

What does all that mean? Take time and effort to engage the people in your life. It's OK to share stuff about yourself. It is also very beneficial to truly be interested in THEM. Talk about stuff, pray about stuff, don't be afraid to have a different opinion, take walks together, take your motorcycles out on the river road (Keith... I feel the wind now), scrapbook and go to the movies... or just go to the movies (you know who you are). Go to your kids' games, or go to your friends' games, invite people for dinner.

Live loud, live intentionally, and love God / Family / and Friends with every word and every action.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You scrapbook? Way cool! I have 1 minuted until I'm not sick anymore.

Keith took Lexi to her Valentines party. I'm pitiful on the couch.

Kim

emily and kyle said...

hahaha...I'm still laughing from your scrapbook/movie comment. That was a late night..but great movie.

It probably doesn't help Dawson's case that I fed him cookies, chocolate, and candy hearts. :)